Visit us on Facebook

Great news... our Facebook Group has gone public. Stay abreast of all the things OOPS members are doing and creating on a daily basis by following and/or joining our group page....


https://www.facebook.com/groups/265431356954378/

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meet OOPS Artists... Donna and Earl Tyree



Artists ~ Donna and Earl Tyree
~

Artist Statement : Donna Tyree
I have been in love with art since I first picked up a crayon as a child. I have spent a significant portion of my life in the last 18 years painting. Most of my paintings have many hours of devotion put into it, and some have taken me several months to complete.

The main media I paint in is Acrylic, although I have done some paintings in oil. I mostly paint on canvas in my studio while listening to music. Besides canvas, I like to paint on wood and clothes.

Born in Lynchburg, Va. in 1952, we moved to Onslow county in 1986 where I now live and have my Home Studio Art Gallery. Although I was a portrait sketch artist for many years, I changed to a landscape painter in 1989. I treasure the days that i can devote to relaxing and painting at home in my studio. Not only is it a great stress reliever for me, but my art devotion has become my " Sanctuary". My favorite artists are Kinkaide, Bob Ross, Roger Bansemer, Sandra Kuck, and Monet.

I want my paintings to be peaceful to look at with a flavor of light and colors. I have a desire to share my visual perception of Gods' handwriting to the world. I want others to see this through my paintings of landscapes and the human touch with color, to convey a sense of tranquility and peacefulness to the collector. With my persistence to detail and perfection, i paint at a much slower pace.

I owe my gratitude first of all to God, who gave me this " self-taught" art talent, and to my husband who has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams of becoming a successful artist. I would also like to thank my children who have encouraged me throughout the years.


Artist Statement: L. Earl Tyree
I began my journey with art from my experience of painting cars in auto body shops. I've always enjoyed a challenge and using my imagination. After retiring, I wanted to explore different ways to relax. Although I painted cars for 25 years, I never knew that I would try my skills as an artist. My wife who is also an artist, helped me to get started 2 years ago. I have painted many paintings since then.

I like using the freedom of imagination and the ability to express myself. I mainly paint with oils, although I also use acrylics. I usually paint landscapes with a Bob Ross " flare ". My favorite artists are Bob Ross, Thomas Kinkaide, and Roger Bansermer.

Born in Lynchburg, Va., in 1951, we moved to Onslow county in 1986 where I now live and have my Home Studio Art Gallery. It's really nice to be able to share my interest in art and talents as an artist with my wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visit their webpage at... Tyree's Art Expressions

No comments: