Visit us on Facebook

Great news... our Facebook Group has gone public. Stay abreast of all the things OOPS members are doing and creating on a daily basis by following and/or joining our group page....


https://www.facebook.com/groups/265431356954378/

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Meet OOPS Artist... Donna Graham


photo by Thomas Brock

Artist ~ Donna Graham

In Fall 2006, I was encouraged by an artist-friend to "pick up a brush and see what happens." I have become an artist (of sorts) …self-taught, wonderfully mentored, and on a journey…

My inner adventures:
I was instantly “taken” with this wonderful form of self-expression!!! While I am a “newbie,” I find that each day that I paint, I learn something new – about myself, about how paint “moves,” about the many techniques, and, especially, about my emotions (and how they become intertwined in the piece I am doing). In the few months that I have been painting, I have dabbled in oils, acrylics, watercolor, and mixed media -– and have not quite found my niche for the medium I most prefer. Living on the North Carolina coast, I am naturally drawn to the serene, coastal images – but, BEST OF ALL, I enjoy putting what I see, feel, and know onto a canvas.

My outward adventures:
I recently entered a juried art show as part of my artistic learning. While not accepted into this first show, I learned so much – and am inspired to forge ahead. THEN, I joined a group of artist friends and experienced (for the first time) painting "en plein aire" -- translated as "in open air.” I was so exited about what I had experienced this day that I was on my phone before I reached my front door telling a friend all about the wonderful-ness of the day.

Vist my art blog here... River's Edge Studio

No comments: